Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Musings . . . . June 27th

I kinda missed my Sunday Musings post last week because I did a Father's Day post instead. But I'm being 'on the ball' so to speak this week and posting my weekly update actually on time.

This week started off like any other, just the usual pottering around, doing housework and laundry on Monday, taking Kristen to piano lesson on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday Jason left for a couple of days to work in Denver. I took Kristen round to the pool that morning, then we had a quiet rest of the day together. I don't think I spoke to another 'adult' until Friday night!

On Thursday I took Kristen to see Toy Story 3! What a funny movie, I think the adults laughed even more than the kids :-) 'Ken' had me in stitches - if you haven't seen it yet I'd highly recommend it.

Of course we had to see it in 3D :-)

While we were there Kristen announced that her front tooth had come out! It has been loose for months and it's only the 3rd tooth she's lost!

After the movies we went to Chick-Fil-A, then later that day Emily came over and had a sleep over. On Friday I took the girls to the pool for a couple of hours then off to McDonald's for lunch.

I finally spoke to another 'adult' on Friday evening when I popped over to Cheryl's for a glass of wine. I didn't get to see hubby til Saturday morning. He flew home from Denver at 11pm but his flight was delayed there for two hours so he didn't get home til 2.30am and came to bed at 3am!

A few weeks ago I won a giveaway on Karina's sweet blog Siestas and Cupcakes. I hadn't posted about it because, well for one I'm such a procrastinator and I thought I would post to say thank you when I received it. Karina drew my name as the winner on May 1st, but I only received the pretty necklace last week. There was an unfortunate delay when Natalia who was sponsoring the giveaway from her site The Adornments Boutique received a damaged necklace and had to return it to get a new one before she could send it on to me! Well, this is the pretty necklace I finally got, it was hard for me to get a good picture of it so I'm using the one Karina had on her blog. Thank you again Karina for having the giveaway and to Natalia too.

Today Kristen wants to go to Chilis for lunch (she loves their cinnamon apples and hasn't had them in months, in fact it might have been more than a year), so that's about all we'll be doing. It's so hot here now we don't do anything else but stay indoors or go to the pool! Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Denise,
Love the necklace!!!
Kristen is so cute with all her freckles. :>)

Enjoy your Sunday!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

It's wonderful that you and your daughter went to the movies together. I still do that with mine and she's 21. I hope we will always be able to have special mother-daughter date days.

Congratulations on winning that beautiful necklace! Gorgeous!

Blessings,
Patricia :o)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Sounds like a fun time! And she looks so so cute with that little toothy smile! What a beauty!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Denise!
Happy Sunday!
Kristen is so adorable..she is growing up so fast! Glad you enjoyed Toy Story 3. I haven't seen it, but Kelly and her boyfriend went. She loved it..don't know what he thought. ;)

Wow, that is a gorgeous necklace you won!

Take care hun, enjoy the evening.

`hugs~

Sue said...

I still have yet to see Toy Story 3 but we've talked about going... just have to pin Dougie boy down for that! Cute pics from your movie date. I can't get over Kiki's freckles!! They've grown in numbers since I last saw her "live" - hee hee

I sure do miss you! We need to set a "chat" date sometime soon!

Big hugs xo
Love you

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Denise!
How cute is she with her tooth. Love the sweet picture of you two.

The necklace is precious. I always adore heart shapes. That will be fun for summer.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and checking out my new finds.
I have thought about painting the vent the wall color many times and then I talk my self out of it in case the new owners want a different paint color one day. Being military we will be moving for sure. Just don't know when...

Have a great week. ~Melissa :)

Pamela said...

We just went to see TS3 as well! I loved the beginning and then of course Ken trying on his outfits for Barbie! It was very cute. Oldest shed a few tears though. He has such a sweet heart.

sadie said...

If Bill is away for a night or two, I can go for ages without speaking to an adult too! I don't really notice until I speak to another grown up and realise then!

You have been busy. Love that necklace, you are lucky to have won it :O) Enjoy the start of the week, and .. the start of July! Gulp!

Unknown said...

the kids & i just saw toy story on friday, it was cute! all is well here, just busy with baseball games :) have a beautiful week and thank you so much for stopping by to visit! susan

Lori said...

What a gorgeous necklace!! I love it!! Glad you enjoyed the movie and I hope you had fun at Chili's too!! Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

You gals are just having too much fun! I love it, your yellow shirts even match, nothing like mom and daughter time! :D

Melanie said...

I love the necklace! Good for you for winning. Isn't that always fun? You look really skinny in the picture at the movies. That hard work is paying off.

I loved Toy Story too!

Karina said...

I'm glad you received the necklace, thank you for posting! :) I apologize again for the delay. Hope you have a great week!!