and ‘him’ would be my wonderful twin brother Ken :-) I think most of you know that I’m a twin, but if you didn’t well. . . I’m a twin! My brother is 20 minutes older than me. I don’t know the year that picture was taken above, I’m guessing somewhere between 1968-70, when we were perhaps 5, 6 or 7 years old?
This picture was taken in 1995 when I went home for my Mam’s 80th birthday.
and this one taken in 1998 when I went home again with Jason and Kristen for two weeks. Happy birthday ‘twinny’ hope you have an awesome day, wish I could be with you xxxxx
So yesterday we went to my inlaws to celebrate my day, mil made a delicious meal of breaded chicken with cheese and mushrooms, salad and yummy roast potatoes and onions. Both her and ‘Papa spoiled me rotten and opened a bottle of Moet et Chandon for me too ;-)
and pretty jewelry from my friend Cheryl’s beautiful Etsy shop
great books from my Amazon wish list
and yummy chocolate birthday cake :-) I feel so very blessed and loved.
More pictures were taken on my mil’s camera which I will hopefully get from her soon and will post them later.
This morning I had to go straight to the DMV (or DPS, whatever you want to call it) to renew my drivers license. I thought I might be stuck there for hours but most of the people were there for permits or driving tests, a lot of young kids… there was only 2 guys in front of me for renewal so I was outta there in 30 minutes. Now I’m home, gonna clean up the kitchen and just enjoy a quiet day til Kiki and Jason come home. Then we’ll have dinner together and I’ll open my cards and pressies.
Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes on Facebook. I am overwhelmed by your sweet words and well wishes.
hugs
Denise
16 comments:
Happy Birthday Denise! :)
You look pretty and happy. I did not know you were a twin. How cool!
I didn't know you were a twin!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What a cutie you were! (and ARE!) Happy Happy Birthday to you and your brother, and many happy returns of the day!
Happy Birthday to you and your brother!
I didn't know you were a twin! Happy Birthday to you and your brother! A birthday is definitely deserving of a Moet toast : )
looks like a few of us didn't know you were a twin - happy birthday to you both x
happy birthday, enjoy your day (and your brother too)
:o)
x
that's me, by the way
Sadie :o)
Happy Birthday to you and Ken! I was waiting for ther mail before I came over to see if the card you mentioned arrived and it did. What a perfect sentiment in the card. I almost made it through it without tearing up. ;) Thank you! I finally slept well last night so I think I'm getting a grip.
Looks like you had a nice celebration yesterday and your in-laws seem to really love you. That's really wonderful! I don't blame them- you're a wonderful wife, mother and friend! (((Hugz)))
Happy HaPpY Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday again Denise, sorry you & your twin are so far apart. I hope you're enjoying your special day, hugs
Happy Birthday Denise! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. You don't look any older and it is more important how you feel. Enjoy your week. Hugs
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENISE! I knew your birthday was in October but i wasn't sure of the day. Welcome to the world of being 47--I'd say it's a great place to be!
I'm so glad that your in-laws treated you so well for your birthday. I know they're grateful that Jason has you.
Love the photos of you and your twin brother! What a cute pair the two of you are. You look just like you did as a young girl--you're so pretty!
Happy, happy day, friend! Love you!
so happy you had a great birthday! I did not know you are a twin :)
I hope you had a great birthday! Sorry that I missed it. I wasn't online yesterday because I was busy with house stuff. It is never ending but I am hoping that after we close it will slow down some.
Love the pictures of you and your brother. So sweet:)
Happy Belated birthday! I didn't know you are a twin! I have twin boys who are ten yrs old now! My babies:)
Sandra
Post a Comment