Monday, March 3, 2008

And on that farm he had . . . . . . .

. . . a tractor! This is what we took our tour on around the grounds at Summers Mill.

At the entrance to the grounds there was this fence - it made me smile every time I saw it.

Here's a close up of it. They were all different bikes, but had been sprayed white. You can probably click on the pictures to enlarge them.

So let's go see some animals. . . . here's mamma donkey and her baby. The little guy was trying to hide under his mommy's belly, but she wasn't so shy and came right up to the fence to see us.



This might be Daddy Donkey?

These two beautiful guys were in a pen with the goats, and seemed rather curious as we drove by.

Mr. Ostrich didn't even want to say hello.

This is a reindeer! We were told he'd just lost his antlers. Apparently reindeer lose their antlers every year, then they grow back again. I've never heard of this, and I don't know how long it takes to grow them back? I might have to search on the web for more info on that.

This is a young reindeer (I think - he was in the same field as the big guy, so I don't think he's a deer). Looks like he hasn't even grown his first set of antlers?

There were a few other animals like llamas, goats and little shetland ponies, but the tractor had to speed up a bit as we were getting late for our afternoon conference to start (he'd already taken one group on the tour) so some of my pictures were a little too blurry to show.

I hope you enjoyed the tour! :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,
Well I guess the raindeer will need new antlers by Christmas don't you think? raindeer without antlers at Christmas would never do!
What a fun fence. Everything looks lush and green. They obviously don't get snow there then!

Thanks for sharing your fun pics. I'm really pleased you had such a good time. Huggers xx

little miss violet said...

good photos. :O)

had to come over here and let you know that V magazine arrived today! It's beautiful!. :O)
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise!! I am so glad you had fun!! That is a very cute fence!! Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! The tractor ride looks fun- I've been on school field trips to pumpkin patches where we get pulled by a tractor in a hay wagon. Interesting fence with all the bikes!

We thought it seemd like 3 coats, too, but it's actually just one coat with the roller then one coat making x's with the brush. We're waiting for it to dry now before the 2nd coat. So far, so good. :) (((Hugz)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, I am glad you got to go to a women's retreat. I was on my women's ministry team for 11 years and we had 10 retreats. I love the fashion show, what a cute idea! I know it is hard to go, but sometimes good friendships are made at the retreats. That is how I got to meet my good friend Alice. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,
When I add a photo to a post on Blogger, no matter where I place my cursor, it always adds the photo to the top of the post, and I then have to drag it down the page through my text to position it where I want it. Does that happen to you? Any suggestions?

Hope you have a great day! Huggers. xx

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie, Wow, love the pics of the farm (love the bikes) as well as the ones from your retreat. Your retreat sounded simply wonderful. I knew you would have a good time. It's been years since I went on one, would love to do another soon.
Hope your having a great week!
Hugs!

little miss violet said...

just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope you are having a good week :O)