Well, I see many of you would like to see pictures of the healthy meals I'm making so I thought I'd share a couple with you tonight. These are from this weekend. On Friday afternoon I popped in to the grocery store for some sushi (which I wanted for lunch, seeing as I wouldn't be needing it for dinner!) and I also wanted some spinach (I'm in the mood for my fav kind of salad, spinach and goat cheese with a raspberry and walnut dressing). What I love about our new HEB supermarket is the 'showtime stations' they have around the store.These are like mini kitchens where you can watch the chef cook things and then buy the ingredients to take home if you like what he's making (and more often than not I LOVE what he's making). Friday was no exception, I walked out of the produce section and right around the corner (the seafood section) there was a chef there grilling salmon with the most delectable marinade - it was 'pineapple sake teriyaki marinade'. And all he was doing was brushing it on top of the salmon once it had cooked! It tasted divine, and even though Jason doesn't like fish it would of course taste just as yummy on chicken. So behold. . . . . I give you Saturday night's dinner -
Teriyaki chicken with broccoli slaw (which I sauted in a skillet with a tablespoon of sesame oil). Served with a spinach salad (with raspberry dressing and walnuts).
I did actually marinade the chicken for a few hours then just put it on the grill outside for about 10 minutes each side. Jason loved this - so I give it 5 stars. We'll be having it again one night this week.Lately I've been watching a cooking show on food network called Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. She makes tasty meals but cuts the fat and uses healthy ingredients too. Last week I watched as she made 'diner' food, like pancakes, burgers, onion rings etc. Here is her healthy turkey burgers. . . . (which I made for dinner tonight). What you can't see is the mozzarella and roasted red peppers that are stuffed inside. Actually the picture of the burgers cooking here doesn't look very appetizing, but they were very nice.
To serve with the burger I made a simple salad with Italian dressing.
And here's both on the plate ready to be devoured! Another thumbs up from Jason :-) Actually he said that most of what I've made so far on our 'eating healthy' kick has been very good.
So. . . . what are you having for dinner tonight?
6 comments:
Hi Denise,
All of your creations look so yummy. I was wondering if you could somehow leave the recipes somewhere on your blog? Or can you buy marinade? Thanks for sharing.
Hey Denise,
Keep making those delicious looking meals and we'll all be wanting to move in!!! They look awesome. No wonder Jason is liking them. I'm doing well with my eating too.
Have a great day!
Huggles, xx
all looks nice and healthy and scrummy. :O)
have a great monday xx
Hi Denise! Those meals look delicious! That looks like a cool place to eat "The Melting Pot". Hope you have a wonderful Monday. ((BIG HUGS))
Hello Julia Childs! hee hee
Your meals look amazing! What time is dinner??
Last night we had roast beef with roasted potatoes and carrots done around the roast. Not exactly "lite" fare... but delicious!! I had leftovers for lunch today & we'll have eggs tonight for dinner :-)
Glad your package arrived and that Kiki enjoyed her fudge :-) I am so sorry it was so late but I'm sure getting a surprise mid-Jan worked okay too!
Missing you & hope to catch up "live" soon!!
Hugs xo
Hi Denise! Looks like my kind of food! Who says eating light can't be fun? It's all so colorful and nice- beats a slab of meat and potatoes in my book any day! Glad Jason is enjoying it, too. (((Hugz)))
Post a Comment