Thursday, January 3, 2008

It Feels Like Monday!

Kristen has gone back to school today, so I headed straight to the gym after dropping her off. After the gym I went to the grocery store and bought lots of fresh food and other healthy stuff. Today feels like a Monday, so I'm gonna make a start on my new healthy eating plan. Actually 'WE' are going to make a start, because I'm bringing Jason and Kristen on board whether they like it or not :-) I'm the one that buys the groceries, so if I don't buy 'rubbish food' they can't eat 'rubbish food'!

After unpacking the groceries I made myself some breakfast. I had two eggs scrambled with a SBD (Southbeach Diet) wholegrain tortilla wrap, 6oz V8 veggie juice and a cup of coffee. Eggs really fill me up and I find I don't snack as much when I've had them for breakfast. Mind you, they aren't my favorite kind of food so I won't be eating them every morning. As well as eating healthy I want to try and get out and walk every day, even on days I've been to the gym.

I'm sitting here with those yucky white strips on my teeth (trying my hardest not to look at the clock and hope that 30 minutes passes by really quickly, while I type this and surf around!). After I've taken them off I'll clear up the kitchen then head out with the dog for a quick walk around the neighborhood. It's freezing outside but I won't let that put me off. Unless it's pouring with rain I shall try to go out every day. It's getting out the door that's the hard part. Once I'm out I know I'll enjoy walking with Boo and I'll feel great for doing it too. I shall start to blog on my 'fit blog' about my healthy lifestyle from now on and not mention it as much on here (I don't want to bore you all with in depth details of what I'm eating and such on here every day).

OK, so time I was off, only 10 more minutes of yucky strips on my teeth :-)

6 comments:

~Pam~ said...

Hi Denise,
Happy Thursday! Good luck with your healthy eating plan. I have been doing the same, eating healthy and now I actually have Dan eating better!
I was never a big egg eater, but found when I eat eggs for breakfast it fills me up and lasts longer. I like to add low fat feta cheese to my scrambled eggs. (I use eggbeaters). Sometimes I add mushrooms as well.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.
~hugs~

Anonymous said...

So what do you mean by "freezing"? I had to laugh a few days ago when you told K to play outside cos it was going to be cold and 50 the day after!!!! It's about 19F here -= bloody freezing!!!!!

We have to start the better eating around here too. We've let things go over the holidays. I need to just lose weight and Shaun needs to lower his cholesterol! I need to de junk the pantry and start again. If only there wasn't 1/2 a cheesecake in my fridge ;-)

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! I don't think anyone would be bored with your fitness and diet routines. So many people are working on a healthier lifestyle right now. I think it's great to only stock your pantry with healthy food. My kids NEVER were allowed sugary cereals except once a year on a camping trip, I'd let them have Frosted Flakes.

Tracey said...

Hi Denise! You won't bore me with your diet. That is smart of you to only buy healthy stuff. That is what I need to do but I know Rudy is going to complain!! I'm loving these cold temps. ((BIG HUGS))

little miss violet said...

I'm not bored by your diet talk either, and hope you do mention it. I'm only showing food pics because of you! :O) I had poached egg on salad this morning for breakfast, and felt quite pleased because when I was full I didn't just clear the plate as usual, but threw it out. That's progress! I can't believe I've gone for 4 days without bread, spuds or fruit. I feel that I should have medal or something! I treated myself to some Bournville dark choccy today, 'cos Darylynn said that a square is fine on the SBD. I just had two (tiny) squares with a brew, and feel quite happy with that. Willpower indeed, as I had a tube of pink smarties for Christmas, and I'd dearly love to open them and scoff the lot!

Still, just another 10 days to go, then I can readdress things again.
Will be looking for SK Feb tomorrow. It should be out by now. I'll get it in the post as early as poss next week if I get it.

I'm with you on the walking too. I didn't need anything from the shops today, but thought I'd go anyway. The shop over this hill is a good walk, not too far, but really challenging on the way back, gives my legs and bum a good workout!

Have a lovely day xxxx

p.s did you get a 'before' pic of your teethies? I'd love to know if the strips work or not. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, sounds like you are starting of the new year with a healthy lifestyle. I should be so disciplined. Maybe I will try to incorporate more healthy meals into my daily life. I do good through the day but by evening, I don't care what I eat, as long as I can get something that I didn't have to cook. Good think Michael loves to cook. He does the most during the work week.

I commend you on your walking too. I know how hard it is when the temps are cold, fridig actually. Which is what they are here now. Woke up to 14 degrees this AM.

Like Sadie, I am curious if the teeth stripe work. Let us know. K....

Have a great weekend.
Hugs!