Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What to blog about. . . . . .

. . . . .when there's nothing to blog about?! The week is going by pretty quickly, but I seriously haven't been doing anything, so there seems very little to make a post about. I just got back from Bible Study this morning, and I thought I'd make a quick post 'about nothing', just let you know I'm still around.

Yesterday was very windy here, I mean VERY windy - the lawn chairs ended up in the middle of the back yard at one point! They easily get swept off the patio in high winds. I spent the whole day at home and didn't talk to a soul (except Kristen in the morning) until I went to pick Kristen up at school, then it was just the usual "hi, how are you" to some of the moms there. I pottered around in the house alternating between housework and knitting and in the evening just sat and watched American Idol. It couldn't have been a more quiet day, I won't call it boring, because it wasn't. It's nice to not have to do much some days. As nice as it is though, I look forward to Friday when Jason get's home and I feel like our days will get back to normal, because honestly, sitting on your own all day and all night is 'not normal' - for me anyway.

I don't want my posts to get too boring so I'll just make them short and sweet while my week is quiet. Nuff said - bye for now!


7 comments:

Sue said...

Wow D... you got a tiny glimpse into my life - hee hee. That "quiet" day is my norm. Somedays it's nice... other days... not so much!

Hope the winds have died down! We're in Mansfield, OH tonight on our way to Erie, PA... on our way home from Nashville.

Hope your Thursday is "exciting" for you ... but not too exciting ;-)

Love ya xo

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
I was justing droiing by to see how you and Kirsten are doing with Jason away. I think quiet moments are good for the soul sometimes. I'm sure you'll be very ready for his return by Friday.

Thank you too for your condolances, your kind compassionate words were very mcuh appreciated. With love, me xx

~Pam~ said...

Hi Denise,
Popping in to see how you are doing. Sometimes those quiet days are nice, aren't they?

Take care and have a super weekend!

~Lots of hugs~

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, it is good to hear from you. The weather has been crazy. It was really windy earlier in the week here too. Have a nice weekend!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Darylynn said...

Just got back from my hair appt- don't know if I mentioned it but my hair stylist's daughter moved to Austin with her 2 Boxers. She's single and in her late 20's and she just bought a fixer-upper there. She just put in new floors and her mom helped her get central heating and air conditioning which it didn't have!

Re the groundhog- if he sees his shadow that means 6 more weeks of winter. Doesn't make sense to me. :)

(((Hugz)))

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
Hope Jason is back home safe and sound and that you guys have a great wwekend.

My s-i-l's parents are back in Austin for 3 months to avoid the freezing winter and snow in OH.

Leaving you big huggles. xx

little miss violet said...

it's hard thinking of stuff to write when the days pass busily but non eventfully! I usually just drivel on about nothing in particular really! ha ha ha.

hope your week has been nice though, even if quiet... and windy..the weather that is, not you! ;o)

have a lovely Sunday xxx