Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More 'ME' Stuff.... and a clean kitchen!

Mission accomplished! I've finished cleaning and decluttering my kitchen this morning. Here's a few photos to prove it!




There's something about cleared countertops - they look great don't they? I can't stop looking at them. Now the trick is, to keep them looking like that!

'ME' stuff - I'm enjoying using my new Olay skin care products. As well as the 'derma eye-pods' I now have the 'daily regenerating serum' and just the other day I bought the Microdermabrasion treatment. You can use this twice a week, which I will do for this week and next week perhaps, but after that I think I will go to just once a week. The eye-pods you use 3 times a week, and the serum is daily, like a moisturizer. I also have some Olay daily eye cream that I'm using, but I'm nearly out of it so I need a new bottle soon. As for the eye-pods, I can't honestly say that I see any difference around my eyes - yet? Maybe it's too early to tell. I've used the dermabrasion treatment only once so far, but I loved how it made my skin feel so soft and smooth. So far I like everything I'm using. What I need next is the night time cream, or serum. I haven't seen the serum that Darylynn mentioned but I've seen a Regenerist night cream so I might just get that. The Crest white strips, although I don't like wearing them, are working, and I can already see a difference in my teeth.

More housework on the agenda today. It's been raining, so it feels a nice cozy day to stay home, although it is very warm outside. Hopefully if it stays dry I'll be able to take Boo out for a walk later. And on a final note. . . . . . no prizes for guessing, but do know you what this is? I'll reveal all tomorrow ;-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a hamster exercise ball to me?????

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fancy fabric softner ball to me. LOL...

Your kitchen looks great. I agree with you about countertops but I have so many things that I collect they have to go someplace. Maybe someday I will have a house big enough that I will not have to use my kitchen counters.

Good luck on your weight/healthy goals. Your off to a good start. Think I need to do that too, as I think I gained weight over Christmas.

Can I ask why you are looking for a eye cream? I have been noticing since I had my Lasik and not wearing glasses, that the time has come for a good cream around my eyes too. Could those really be wrinkles?

Have a blessed week. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey D! I'm so envious of all that counter space!! Enjoy the nice cleared off space :-)

As to your question about the purple ball... I would have to agree with Cin above, the fancy fabric softener or dryer ball would be my guess.

I've FINALLY sent off your gift with the F U D G E and a little something for Kiki! I mailed it yesterday so it could arrive any time. With Canada Post who knows!

And too bad you weren't closer or we would have bought your treadmill. Darn it those thousands of miles!!

Love & Miss ya! Have a great day!! xo

little miss violet said...

I did exactly the same thing, took pics of my clean and tidy kitchen.Mainly to remind myself of how nice and tidy it can look.

emjoy your p.m xx

the mother of this lot said...

I can't remember how I got here, but I'm glad I came, and your kitchen looks fantastic!

Is the mystery object some sort of air freshener?

Darylynn said...

That's my guess, too- a hamster or guinea pig exercise ball! ;)
I think you have the cream I mentioned. It's HERE: http://www.olay.com/boutique/regenerist/products/re1012

I probably got the name wrong before. It's the one the women in New Orleans were fighting to get their hands on when it first came out. :lol:

(((Hugz)))

little miss violet said...

happy Wednesday! I showed the piccies of my clean & tidy kitchen today. I'm hoping it can help keep me motivated to keep it that way! I ought to print it out, blow it up and put it on front of the fridge! ha ha ha!

hope you are having a good week. ooh, thanks for your email! will try again this Sat for SK Feb, it MUST be out this week!!!

xxx

Anonymous said...

I would guess it's some kind of softener ball also.

Don't cha love a gleaming kitchen! I make sure I keep on top of mine all day long, and last thing before I go to bed I make sure it's left that way as I don't like getting up to any mess. I think it's just a habit for me now, so I'm sure it will become that way for you too. You've done the hard work, and now you like it so much, I'm sure you'll do a great job of keeping on top of it.

I'll be back to see what the purple ball is...I'm curious now!

Sandy said...

Hey, Denise - I was searching thru old posts looking for a picture, and came across your comment on my blog from last March!
That is exactly what I am going to do today - deep clean and organize my kitchen! :)
Fun visiting you ...
Sandy