A few weeks ago I was a lucky winner on Sarah Mae's blog when she was giving away some wall stickers. You got a choice of stickers if you won, either butterflies, pets or dinosaurs! Of course I chose pets because they were full of puppies, which you know Kristen just loves and I thought it would be fun to put them in her room. It took quite a few weeks for the 'prize' to arrive, (the company was mailing them out, not Sarah Mae) and not without Kristen asking every other day if we could check the mail for them (even on Sundays!), she was so excited at the prospect of getting them. Well the stickers finally arrived.... but alas, the company had not sent me the ones I requested, much to Kristen's disappointment, they sent me the butterfly pack.
Hmm, Kristen didn't want butterflies in her room, so what was I going to do with them? I thought of passing them on to someone, perhaps have a giveaway at my blog and send them off to a good home? But then I noticed Kristen had actually opend the package to take a look at them! When I pulled them out they really were very pretty, and an idea struck me. . . . I could put them in my 'dull and dreary' laundry room! SO, that's exactly what I did. Last week I did a mini makeover in there. I would like to eventually paint the room - I'm thinking a soft blue with white clouds faux painted on the ceiling? The butterflies look so nice in there. . . what do you think?
Here's some before shots of the room (hard to get pics in such a small space). . . .
I would eventually like to remove these shelves and install 'kitchen' type cabinets to hide the clutter.
A cabinet above the freezer would be nice too.
And after. . . . .
What do you think? Don't the butterflies really brighten the space up. They put a smile on my face every time I walk in there.
I moved some of the small blue boxes from the top and put my laundry basket there with the plant (I've never really used this basket, I use plastic ones instead, and this was always meant for decoration, but just sat on top of the freezer!).
I moved the boxes to the top of the freezer, which still looks kinda messy, but it's the best I could do for now.
Can't you just picture it in a pretty soft blue. I also added a little lamp in there and it looks all cozy at night, just because it's the laundry room doesn't mean it has to look sad! So, here we go with the start of another new week. No grocery shopping for me today :-) remember, I did that Friday. Today it's 'clean downstairs' day. After dropping Kristen off at school this morning, I shall come home and clear up the kitchen, get the vacuum and duster out and 'fly' around the living room ;-) I'll also do laundry, wash the kitchen floor and wash all the bathroom towels. And I will enjoy every minute of it. . . . I am so blessed to be a SAHM.
What's on your 'planner' for today?
I'm linking this post to Metamorphosis Monday. For more 'before and after' posts, hop on over to Susan's blog at 'Between Naps on the Porch.
14 comments:
Hi Denise i'm back got your e mail thanks. just catching up on all your blogging I think your butterflies look really nice as you know I love them and I have a butterfly room.We all had a great holiday weather reeeeed hot nearly as hot as texas. I was going to ring last night but I was babysitting so will ring you tonight Love and Miss you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The butterflies do brighten up the space and I like the basket and plant in the corner. A nice redo!
Great idea Denise, it does brighten the place. I love your little daisy plant too. Hugs
Very pretty butterfly stickers, Denise! Those are the ones I would have chosen. Hope you are having a great day sweetie. Big hugs!
Hi Denise! I do like the butterflies and the way they add some color! Hope you are having a great day! Don't you just love this weather we are having? ((BIG HUGS))
Hi Denise! Good idea for the butterflies! Can't hurt to cheer up a laundry area! I have some framed photos (from the art that our relative Tracy Turner) does. It's from her calendar actually- can't afford her paintings! :D
Thanks for your concern for Kali. She's doing better but not sure if she's ready to face her next chemo this Thursday. (Hugz)))
We were at each other's blog at the exact same time. :) The dressing is a balsamic basil vingrette so not overly spicy. funny how these rumors get started! ;)
Your laundry room looks terrific with the butterflies on the wall! What a nice laundry room you have, too. It's so neat and organized.
Jane
Those butterflies do brighten up the space!
And you're right: laundry rooms need brightening up! We end up spending quite a bit of time in these rooms, and it's good for them to be bright and cheerful.
Here's a quick and inexpensive idea for your freezer area. Do you have cheerful fabric lying around? You could make a little cafe curtain that you could hang on an inexpensive tension rod to cover the space over your freezer. It wouldn't take much fabric to cover this area, and then you wouldn't have to worry about how the stuff on top of your freezer looks: it would be hidden behind the curtain! If you don't have a stash of fabric but you're interested in doing this, let me know--I might have something around here that you could use. :)
a little splash of color just to make you want to do laundry.
I hope you'll come by for a visit.
Cheri Its So Very Cheri
Those butterflies just make that room POP with beauty!!
I bagged going to the grocery store today.. which I was supposed to do.. but will go tomorrow when I'm feeling a little better.
As for the netty pot - My DH and DD use a nasal rinse.. I haven't gotten to that point yet- but maybe soon..
Hey sweets,
Just dropping by to say g'day. I totally agree with you, laundry rooms do kinda get neglected and the butterflies really brighten yours up. Great minds think alike...I spend some time yesterday completely spring cleaning our laundry and it's all nice and clean and organised. It wasn't bad but needed doing. I also vacuumed and washed the downstairs floors yesterday. I do laundry every day since with 4 adults in the house it would quickly mount up. I have always done the laundry every day and get it hung out first thing, but I guess the day will come when I won't need to do it every day and that will be nice. (not that I am in a hurry for them to fly the nest).
I hope you had a nice chat with your sister. Have a good week sweetie. ((((big hugs))))
My room needs a little lovin I am afraid. Great transformation and idea.
Thanks!
I dont know if I have ever had the pleasure of you stopping by my blog... I would love you to stop by anytime.
TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥
I love the butterflies Denise. Makes it look fresh and outdoorsy ;-)
Great idea!
Post a Comment