Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cooking with PW . . . and Mel :-)

I am thrilled that my new friend Melanie has decided to join me in my quest to cook through the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook. I know a few hundred miles separate us but we're not going to let distance spoil our girlfriend fun. So from now on we are going to try and cook something each week and post about it on our blogs on Tuesday.

Melanie asked me how we would do this, so I came up with the idea that we can take turns choosing a recipe each week. I thought this would be much more fun than just me picking all the time. As you know I made my 'cooking blog' specific to PW recipes (during this challenge) so won't you join me OVER THERE to see what we made this week. . . . wanna hint?


I'm joining in with Grace at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday today. Click on the link to find some other great recipes. And don't forget to visit Mel at Southern Comfort in a Northern Life to see what she thought of the 'puffs'. Thanks for joining in the fun Mel :-)



5 comments:

Carol said...

I received the PW cookbook for Christmas & have been thinking about cooking my way through the book. I'm going to enjoy following you & Mel as you cook PW recipes. I think I'll cook along with you! Thanks for the inspiration!

Smiles,
Carol

Darylynn said...

If you're not careful, Denise, you'll become a movie: Denise & Melanie! ;) I agree with you 100%- I don't care if Ryan doesn't nap... as long as he's in his playpen/bed during what should be naptime. As it turned out, he slept (really slept) for 2 1/2 hours today. :) (((Hugz)))

Kelli said...

I really want to make those now...yummy!
~Kelli

Judy said...

Denise, what a great friends idea! The 'puffs' look delicious! I'm going to go check out 'Tempt My Tummy Tuesday'...you share the neatest things! Love you Denise!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Thanks for stopping by...it is nice to meet you! I think it is great that you and Melanie are trying out the PW's recipes and I am enjoying reading both of your reviews. It's a great idea!