
Wow, is it really Wednesday again already? Time for the lovely Susan's Outdoor Wednesday 'party'. While many may be posting about St Patrick's Day Parades this week, I'll be showing more of what's going on in our back yard (because, well I'm a Brit and I don't really do the St Pats Day thing!)
So this week I decided to put the herbs I'd bought in to a new 'herb garden'. The main reason being is we may only use 4 of the large veggie beds this year and not the total 8 that we have. This will mean we can shut off the water to some of the beds. My 'old' herb garden was in the area that wouldn't get watered. There wasn't much left in it to be honest, just a rosemary plant and two terracotta pots with mint in and my cilantro. So, while I was working and talking to my little guys (do you do that? talk to your plants!) Jason was snapping away with the camera . . .

Yes, I'm really talking to them, telling them they will be ok and to grow up big and strong for me!
Look at how tiny everything is. It's always hard to imagine that these plants will grow, but they sure do. I'll show you this bed in a few weeks time to see the difference. Right now there is curly parsley in the bottom right, sweet basil on the left, some chives above the parsley and some cilantro seeds (that you can't see yet). Since I took this picture I've added a new rosemary plant and thyme. You also can't see the two pots with mint in at the top of this garden. We've added cypress mulch to the bed to help keep the moisture in and the weeds at bay. We'll be adding this to all our veggie beds this year.Looky. . . I also bought a Topsy Turvy bag :-) Have you ever used one? This will be my first, I can't wait to see how much it grows.

I think this is a plum tree. . .
I got pretty artistic and zoomed in to get some lovely shots of the flowers, and the bees that were buzzing around it. Some of these I think would be lovely framed. You can click on the images to see them larger.



Happy Hump Day.... I hope things are blooming in your neck of the woods!
23 comments:
You have such a green thumb! I have green grass..... Well, unless the dogs tore it up! :-) Blooms are popping here too, but your photos are spot on! Please visit my blog.
What fun and hard work working in the garden. I wish I had a fenced yard so I could do that. Too many critters (deer, rabbits, coyote) around here.
Happy just plain Wednesday to you, you beautiful Brit! Actually, I think maybe St. Patrick was a Brit himself--he just went off to convert the heathen Celts, as I remember. :)
I love all your beds. I've planted rosemary and basil and tomatoes, but that's about all I've done the past several years. Seeing you at work inspires me to do a little more. I LOVE home-grown veggies, and I have a big back yard. . . I think some of it needs to be converted into a garden.
Love those pics of your blossoms and the bees!
oH DENISE! SUCH LOVELY PICS OF YOUR YARD AND GARDEN. I WISH I HAD THE PATIENCE TO DO THAT. TY.
Hello! Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one that talked to my plants. :) I do it all the time. Love talking to my roses and everything else I plant and care for. :) Thank you for sharing your awesome veggie beds.
Blessings,
Sandra
Wow things are sure blooming in your area, I just have Crocus sprouts shootin g up taller and taller each day. Today I planted yellow Tomato seeds indoor in potting soil. I sm hoping to find my first spring wilflower Coltsfoot hopwfully in a couple of weeks. We still have a bit of snow lying around on the ground. It will bea while before I will be weeding and mowing my lawns... oh well it all takes time, but great to look forward too. Ann
you've got quite a project there! i love having fresh herbs, so nice when you are cooking! nothing is blooming here yet but hopefully soon! take care, susan
Denise I have heard of the bags before but have not tried them. Let us know how it goes.
Everything looks so pretty in your yard with all of the new buds. :)
Hi Denise! I hope your plants listen to you and behave! I've seen a topsy turvy hanging from one of our neighbor's balcony before. Hope it does well. It would be good for me because I have dogs who steal tomatoes. also like the idea of them not being able to pee on it! :) (((Hugz)))
Wow..I love this series of photos of outdoor. Looks like you can play in the dirt already :-)
Nice gardening. You look great.
Beautiful photos and captures.
Happy Outdoor!
Pretty pictures! You and those wellie;) You are a true gardener. I can't wait to see everything grow.
Nothing in my COLD neck of the woods is blooming yet. I told Gary that I was ready for some blooms on the trees just the other day. I will just look at yours and dream:)
Lovely flowers! Spring has arrived! I think they are Japanese apricot flowers.
I bet those herbs are great for some yummy food!
Enjoy!
Hi Denise,
Thanks for visiting me in Normandy otherwise how would I have found you?? A fellow Brit with a green thumb. Were we seperated at birth?
So far all I have planted are 2 types of potatoes, early & mains.
I will be signing on as a follower, to watch how your garden grows perhaps you'll pop back & see how my potager progresses through the summer months?
ttfn
~Maggie~
I see another great garden in store for you this year. Love all your raised plant beds.
Thinking I am going to have to invest in that little seat you were using, think it would be better on my back if I had one of those. :)
Hope your having a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Cindy
I've really been enjoying the blooming trees, too. Good luck with this year's garden! I wish I had your sunny spots!
Looks like your garden is moving right along! Yes, that is a plum tree. I have one and every day there are more and more blossoms on it. I love it. Looking forward to seeing the fruit of all your labor. I wish I had that much space in which to plant a garden.
~Tracy
My sister used a topsy turvy last year and it was loaded! Worked really well for her so I might try that this year.
I love your garden and am jealous you are wearing shorts : )
Wow, I am so impressed with your gardening skills. We have thought about a garden, but have not done much with it. Yours looks amazing!
Hi Sis,
Been so busy babysitting and meetings at work I'm now tryng to catch up. Love the pics of the garden and look at you, quite the photographer, they look great. Great news that mam is home just hope she doesn't do too much. Can't quite remember which CDs either but if they are praising the Lord they'll be great.
Love ya lots. Big Hugs BS xxxx
Hi Denise
The herb gardens are going to be wonderful. Thanks for stopping by my blog on Wednesday.
Betty
Love all your space! (Trying not to covet it...or that fabulous wagon!)
Beautiful blooming buds!
Erin
Your tree is just beautiful!! I can't wait to see what your big garden produces!
Post a Comment